Wednesday, January 23, 2013

You Know You're a Halfway Decent Drummer when...

...you can play the first three songs to the excellent "Reality" CD by David Bowie without missing a single beat and only having to stop twice, while trying to keep in line a ten-week-old Beagle puppy who's just gotten up after a five-hour nap and is running all around the drum kit, trying to bite the cords and at one point even standing on my foot as I was playing the bass drum. It's the first time I've played drums since I got him and he didn't know quite what to think, but he minded me about 50-50. The drumming is pretty simple on those songs but it isn't east to point one stick at him and say "NO" while keeping on playing and not mess up, and I was strangely locked-in for being so distracted by this crazy puppy running around the drum kit. I'd have been glad to record the drums I played it was so accurate, and I think even Bowie himself would appreciate it. No kidding. Maybe I should start playing drums with little puppies going berserk, because I haven't played that smoothly in a good while. Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment